“Paradise is just a paddle away”
MOAI is an amazing new brand from the Netherlands, designed in Holland and inspired by the people of Polynesia who invented the art of paddle boarding. As soon as I saw MOAI’s stand up paddle (SUP) boards, I instantly fell in love. The unique design of the boards, along with their vision to ‘stand up for a better world’ as they collaborate with the Waves 4 Change charity was a company that I knew I instantly wanted to support.
Also, is anyone else thinking Moana?
MOAI SUP Board
I have been channeling my inner Moana this summer on MOAI’s 10’6 board and couldn’t recommend it enough to anyone looking to purchase a paddle board. It’s a great quality board with amazing stability and versatility, the perfect all round board for beginners. I often take out my friends and family who are new to paddle boarding and they all agree that MOAI’s board was the easiest to balance and maneuver on, compared to other brands. The board is incredibly robust on the water and its wide body allows for comfortable balance and posture.
The board also has several d-rings with a cargo net, ideal if you want to bring additional gear such as a dry bag or camping gear. The 10’6 board also has several rings on the center body where you can attach a kayak seat.
MOAI’S 10’6 board is, however, slightly heavier when compared to some of it’s competitors due to the board’s double layer technology. It consists two layers of robust PVC providing increased strength and non-slip protection. This board wasn’t built for speed which is partly why I love it, it’s an excellent board for newbies and touring.
Waves 4 Change
MOAI strive to make their boards as environmentally friendly as possible and believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy nature. In 2018, they started collaborating with the Waves 4 Change charity in South Africa to support their amazing work in changing lives, one wave at a time.
With every board purchase, MOAI donate a profit to Waves 4 Change. Paddle boarding is such a great way to disconnect and clear your head but it’s so important that we keep protecting, conserving and celebrating our wonderful blue marble. We are all responsible for looking after it, which is why I’m so proud to support a company that advocates for protecting our environment.
- Competitively priced – Paddle boards can be pretty expensive, with MOAI, you’re getting a high quality board plus accessories for a really great price.
- Stability – the board has a wide body which makes it really easy to balance on.
- Appearance – MOAI’s boards are beautifully designed, I’ve had so many compliments.
- Pump it up – Super quick and easy to pump up with the double action pump
- The paddle – The adjustable paddle is really lightweight and comfortable to hold.
- High Quality Accessories – Everything is included with the board and it comes with a beautiful trolley bag, no more sore backs. YAY!
- Weight – The board is quite heavy to carry so I wouldn’t recommend for little ones.
- Speed – As the board is slightly wider and heavier than most, it’s not great for speed.
- Fin – I found the detachable fin slightly confusing to attach at first and have even lost it on occasion so always ensure it’s properly secured to your board.
- Adjustable aluminum paddle
- Premium trolley backpack
- Double action pump
- Center fin
- Safety leash
- Repair kit
If you have any questions about paddle boards, please don’t hesitate to get in touch – A Bonnie Travelers Inside Guide.
Images by: SUP Glasgow